I’m feeling a lot better today after class than I was at the beginning of class today. I’m really proud of all the work I did in figuring out my two different brands/problem statements because I know what I want to do and I don’t have to take the time to figure it out now when I’m supposed to be figuring out details on my product concepts. AND it’s nice to have at least started some work on a portfolio – even if I have a LONGGGGG way to go still.
That doesn’t mean that I don’t have a lot more to do – because I have a ton of research to do so that I make informed design decisions about my appliances – but it does mean that doing research is a lot more focused and more fun, instead of frustrating.
Criteria to focus on for Wednesday:
1. safety/data/etc. -> already acknowledged safety regulations, data on what’s appropriate
[Random, but did you know that EasyBake ovens got recalled in 2k7 when children started LOSING FINGERTIPS inside of the ‘oven’ part?!]
2. health and nutrition -> push these facts, know them well, why and how are the products reinforcing healthy eating/life?
3. what exists -> competition, benchmarking, how can I make mine better? different?
4. who? what can they do? -> cognitive abilities of children, what kind of parents/households is this for? EVEN MORE specific targets
5. situation -> is this for home? school? when? what time? who will be there? supervised?
Three things to focus on for this project as a whole: safety, health, and fun
And I need to get my research done right so that there are no iffy questions about technicalities – just focus on the products