I love this ‘designer’s high’ I get when things get moving into motion and things start slowly piecing together. Things start running all over the place. It is a much better feeling than the one I normally get when I’m half-way done with a project and I really need a month to finish it, but it’s due in a few hours. I’m excited to work with the laser printer again; it truly made me feel like a semi-pro the last time I used it with my silverware. Ps. Did you know you can even make your own stamps on the laser cutter? Genius. Makes me want to make allll sorts of stuff (that I probably shouldn’t make on school machines/don’t have the time for, but will dream about regardless).
Converse: iconic, comfortable, customizable
“make memories” “live in your shoes” “your shoes, your life” “your shoes are like a photograph/memory box/story/etc.”
converse – > \ˈkän-ˌvərs\ [like conversation]
walking/running/dancing/skipping/basketball/travel/experience-> activities to do in Converse shoes?
materials: rubber, canvas, metal, plastic, laces, rivets, soft(ness), love, etc.
[punk, rock, alternative, hxc, emo, shows, memories, nostalgia, black and white, classic, America, old, casual, colorful, unique, customizable, conversational, guitar, blue jeans, old/new, vintage, fresh, “clean canvas”, young, tweenagers, impressions]
- Is a “dirty kit” exciting enough? Sure is! It’s also gross.
- Is it just a product they should sell? No – no one will actually want to buy dirt and blood and vomit, but they’d prly think it was funny to get it.
- Do I know who the real “user” is? Oh, yes. Tweenagers to young adults – people that are more commonly found wearing Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars and sway to the whole concept of being in that ‘group’ of people [and normally deny being a part of it, while still wearing them…]
- Clever enough? I hope so.
- Connection between product/user/company? I think so.
- Does the promotional item support the product and/or company? Totally – its all about ‘living your life’ and experiencing things in your shoesies.
- Brand immediately recognizable? Working on that currently
- Is there an ‘AHA!’? Working on that, too.
IDEAS of things to include in the kit: paint, make-up [?], dirt/mud, soy sauce, sand paper [?], blood, oil, dust, tire tread, gravel [?], grass, ketchup/mustard/food, vomit, mold, saliva[?], tree sap, salt water/sand…
If anyone has any other ideas, I’m down to take them off your hands.
Now onto researching the Converse Brand standards [logos, fonts, colors, what they do with it, where they put it at on packaging, etc.], vials, details, packaging, boxes, dimensions, current packaging, etc.